What new systems would you like to see on Radiocapture?

f0urtyfive
Site Admin

What new systems would you like to see on Radiocapture?

Post by f0urtyfive » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:18 pm

Just trying to figure out what to target, looking for some feedback on what other systems people would be interested in seeing.

Scan-Denver

Re: What new systems would you like to see on Radiocapture?

Post by Scan-Denver » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:11 pm

I'd like to see all of the metro area agencies on RadioCapture.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:43 am

The big three systems in the metro area:

State of Colorado DTRS
Front Range Communications Consortium
Metro Area Radio Cooperative

It will be very interesting to see how RadioCapture handles the larger multiple site systems, especially with DTRS.

f0urtyfive
Site Admin

Post by f0urtyfive » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:07 pm

Yeah, the newer P25 multi-site systems are killing me, the biggest problem is how to resolve what transmissions correlates to eachother across multiple sites (so you dont hear the same thing over and over and over, as it got received on the same trunkgroup across 8 sites). I might bring a single site from one of those systems online until I can get that figured out.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:20 pm

I would imagine you've probably been working on the issue for a long time, but have you tried a mutual exclusion approach? I would imagine it would be in way where it would check TGID and maybe RID information upon receiving a transmission. If nothing is recording a particular TG, then the first thread would then claim it and begin recording. Subsequent threads would check and see that a particular TG is claimed and therefore not record. Inclusion of checking RID might be useful for if there is some issue with rapid sequential transmissions.

If all else fails, starting off with Lookout Mountain for DTRS would probably be the best place to start. FRCC would probably start with Adams County Simulcast and I don't think too many other FRCC sites have good coverage in Denver. Recording MARC wouldn't be too hard as most of the sites are fairly segregated in terms of TGs seen on them, Green Mountain and Mt Morrison (Lakewood) being the exception.

f0urtyfive
Site Admin

Post by f0urtyfive » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Yeap, thats where I started too... the problem comes in when you have more than one location you record from. Because of the latency between sites, if you were to use a setup that requires you to intercommunicate between sites to "decide" who records the traffic, you'll have to start cutting off the beginning of the call because of the latency between your sites. Either that, or you'd need to start the recording while you're still deciding who should record it, and then stop it and toss the results if that site was the "loser".

However, with this site there is a different problem entirely: What if we want to some day accept user generated audio as well? In this case, we'll want an interface on the web side that will allow you to see all the available recordings and play an alternate if the one selected is poor, also might want to include something to allow someone to chose a "default" source preference for a TG.

So I think I may end up just capturing everything that is above a quality threshold, and then having the decision on the site backend.

jbeen

Post by jbeen » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:12 am

My vote if you tackle MARC P25 would be Wheat Ridge Police & Lakewood Police.

Let us know if we can help test anything.

Regards,
Josh

lsmith8706

Post by lsmith8706 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:57 pm

I second the DTRS and FRCC. I've got a sweet setup in my car for listening, but it'd be awesome to listen in at home and no bug the wifey. :D

WestColo

Post by WestColo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:43 am

Would it be possible to add the Airmed 1 through 6? and Airnet?
Thanks

f0urtyfive
Site Admin

Post by f0urtyfive » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:48 pm

Opened up all of these except 4, RC has never seen 4 so I can't add it yet.